"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves...defend the rights of the needy." Proverbs 31:8,9

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I Refuse

‘Cause I don’t want to live like I don’t care.
I don’t want to say another empty prayer.
Oh, I refuse to
Sit around and wait for someone else
To do what God has called me to do myself.
Oh, I could choose
Not to move but I refuse.

I can hear the least of these
Crying out so desperately,
And I know we are the hands and feet
Of you, oh God.
So, if you say move,
Then it’s time for me to follow through,
And do what I was made to do.
Show them who you are.


I love, love, love this song by Josh Wilson.
He wrote it after the massive floods in Tennesee last year. He had been praying for the people affected, and praying that God would move people's hearts to give their resources and their time to help. Then, Mr. Wilson remembered that we are ALL called to be the hands and feet of God! He states in one of his videos, "I can't do everything, but I refuse to do nothing."
This is pretty much my mantra. I can't do everything, I can't save all the children, I can't heal all the hurts. But I absolutely REFUSE to do nothing! There are so many people in need, but even more of us who can help.
I am absolutely astounded by the number of people doing nothing.  I didn't notice until recently; I started looking around with a different view. Suddenly, my eyes were opened to the great need in the world. Before then, I was wrapped up in my own world. Then I stumbled upon hundreds of faces of little children waiting for a family, and I was crushed and hooked at the same time.
Some days, it rips my heart out that I can't save them all. There are about 76 children I would like to be a mama to! I can't save them all. But I can't do nothing.
So let's spread the word.
There's so many ways to help; which are you doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment